Thursday 2 December 2010

'Going Dutch’_Garden Museum



Garden Museum’s current exhibition ‘Going Dutch’ traces the Dutch influence on British garden design over the past 15 years, particularly through the careers of two garden designers Piet Oudolf and Henk Gerritsen.

This is the first time that I heard Henk Gerritsen’s name, however Piet Oudolf is familiar for me through his current well-known projects such as Potters Field Park in London and High Line in New York. In Particular, during my researching on Potters Field Park for last second year landscape module, I was inspired by his planting style. However I never explored about the national background and the influence of his beautiful planting design. Through this exhibition I became more interested in Netherlands’ planting design and landscape architecture.

The most my favorite thing on this exhibition is the perimeter route to introduce Oudolf and Gerritsen’s works from their early careers in Netherlands and to their later projects in Britain and New York. It makes me easy to understand history of their works following passing the route.

No comments:

Post a Comment