Saturday 6 November 2010

First Focus Week: Learning Rhino 3D

During the first focus week, I had learned Rhino 3D software to improve my digital media skills. I chose some online tutorials for learning basic tools because it is my first time to use Rhino.
Here is my daily Personal Development Plan: Before starting learning Rhino, I was thinking 3D software demand high-level technique. However, after 6 days study, I have become more familiar with Rhino and it was easier than I expected before.

From Day 1 to Day 3, I concentrated to draw line in Rhino with Line & Curve editing tools. Although Rhino is 3D modeling software, drawing line is really important. Because Rhino is based on NURBS system(Non-uniform rational basis spline is a mathematical model commonly used in computer graphics for generating and representing curves and surface which offers great flexibility and precision for handling both analytic and freeform shapes. (sourced from :wiki))

And after Day 3, I started to make solid objects with following some examples. To make solid obejects I learned using Surface and Extrude tools.

I am planning to keep using Rhino consistently until being proficient to avoid forgetting tools. And next second focus week, I would make new Rhino PDP plan for intermediate level.

No comments:

Post a Comment